College Profile: Georgia Piedmont Technical College
Established in 1961, DeKalb Technical College is one of the oldest and most respected of Georgia's 33 technical colleges. Recognized for our student-centered atmosphere, DeKalb Technical College prepares individuals with the education, training, and skills to enter the workplace ready to make a difference in their hiring companies and in the ever changing global economy.
DeKalb Technical College is committed to preparing students for successful careers and maximizing student success.
Residents of DeKalb, Rockdale, Newton, and Morgan counties have the opportunity to attend classes at one of two campuses and five centers conveniently located throughout the service area. DeKalb Technical College provides real-world skills for rewarding careers. In fiscal year 2007, the College served 18,420 students and conferred 1,608 awards to graduates earning associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit.Graduates have a 99 percent job placement rate with 90.2% graduate placement in jobs in or related to their program of study or in further education.
The best kept secret in Georgia is the HOPE Program. HOPE, Helping Outstanding Pupils Educationally,provides financial assistance for students to enter and to complete associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs as follows: HOPE scholarships assist students in associate degree programs ("B" average required); HOPE grants assist students in diploma and certificate programs ("B" average not required), and HOPE vouchers assist GED graduates to enter postsecondary technical education.
Our programs are guaranteed. Curriculum standards have been developed with direct involvement of business and industry. These standards serve as the industry-validated specifications for each occupational program. "If one of our graduates educated under a standard program or his/her employer finds that the graduate is deficient in one or more competencies as defined in the standards, the technical college will retrain the em...
404-297-9522 (financial aid)
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Georgia Piedmont Technical College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD.
- Banking and Financial Support Services.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Computer and Information Systems Security.
- Computer Installation and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications.
- Construction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration.
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- E-Commerce/Electronic Commerce.
- Electrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General.
- Graphic and Printing Equipment Operator, General Production.
- Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General.
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Mechanical Drafting and Mechanical Drafting CAD/CADD.
- Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Operations Management and Supervision.
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General.
- Surgical Technology/Technologist.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Child Care Provider/Assistant.
- Communications Systems Installation and Repair Technology.
- Computer Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General.
- Data Entry/Microcomputer Applications, General.
- Data Processing and Data Processing Technology/Technician.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician (HAC, HACR, HVAC, HVACR).
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology.
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- Machine Shop Technology/Assistant.
- Medical/Clinical Assistant.
- Nurse/Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant.
- Opticianry/Ophthalmic Dispensing Optician.
- Prepress/Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design.
- Small Business Administration/Management.
- Truck and Bus Driver/Commercial Vehicle Operation.
- Wood Science and Wood Products/Pulp and Paper Technology.
Question and Answer about "Georgia Piedmont Technical College"
No questions found...